Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010

The first decade of the new millenium we were all freaking out over not too long ago is now coming to a close. It was pretty unique in that many unpredictable events came to pass, but that's about where it ends. How we as a nation handled the unpredictability was, well, predictable. We handled it with the same laziness, narcissism, and excess of pride that we usually do. From 9/11 and the two wars started in its wake to the tragic handling to Katrina to the Wall Street financial disasters to electing the first black president, our country time and again showed its true colors in responding to such events.

My full thoughts have been put up on my facebook, and if you should ever want to view them, just shoot me an email or request it here and I can mail you the full document.

Personally, I'm glad to see it end. A lot of personal growth took place for me in this decade, but I think I'm looking forward to this next decade more to see what we as a country can do (if anything) to grow as well. I concluded my thoughts with saying that the word we should embrace instead of "Hope" from the left or some nostalgic nonsense from the right is the word "sense". We're lacking it in the worst way and need to get a hold of it badly.

No comments: